Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tap, Tap....Anybody out there?

According to my stats, I think I have like 2 readers....My friends Gabe and Kourtney...This is all fine and good because they are super nice people. However, right now it would do me some good to have a multitude of readers because I could use some advice. If you are out there and care to give your two cents, please do!

Question: Do you think that a lemon curd would be overwhelmed by a dark chocolate cake? Do you think the two flavors would work well together?

The reason I ask this is because I'm looking for a stellar cake to make for the boy next week (it's his berfday). I have a guitar cake pan that I'm going to decorate a 'la Guitar Hero. I want the cake to not only look rad but taste spectacular.

My idea is to do a dark chocolate cake with a lemon curd. On top, maybe a light layer of lemon butter cream and if if IF I get ambitious, I may try to top it with fondant. No promises.

So opinions, please! Or if you have a super cake recipe that I NEED TO TRY, send that my way to...

2 comments:

Pink of Perfection said...

What a super creative pairing! I'm having a hard time imagining what they would taste like together, thinking maybe the chocolate would overwhelm the lemon. I'm rarely an advocate of playing it safe (in short, go for it!), but I do know that dark chocolate and orange is a pairing that melts my heart every time. Good luck -- and what a lucky boy!

Kami said...

Sarah,
Thanks for the encouragement!I think I am going to give it a try tomorrow night. Meyer lemons and dark chocolate...mmm.

Also, I just want to let you know that your blog is unique and fabulous; one of the best I've come across in a very long time! Thanks for commenting on a puny blog like mine.